Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Jim Collins is Right, Get the Best People

Me? I just cannot get over what a lucky person I am to be surrounded by family, friends, team members, customers and vendors who inspire, care about, and challenge me every second of every day. One of my goals for this year is to showcase the fantastic talent among the Super Technologies, Inc. team. Dan and I discussed his one year anniversary on the SuperTec team as of May 5, 2009 on the DIDX podcast area.

We take to heart Jim Collins' quote, "If I were running a company today, I would have one priority above all others: to acquire as many of the best people as I could. I'd put off everything else to fill my bus. Because things are going to come back. My flywheel is going to start to turn. And the single biggest constraint on the success of my organization is the ability to get and to hang on to enough of the right people."

... browse some of our team's other blogs at http://blogs.didx.net and http://blog.tmcnet.com/monetizing-ip-communications/. You're welcome to comment, contribute, and collaborate any time.

1 comment:

Michael Bowen said...

Most workers say the greatest constraint on their job performance - as well as their happiness with the job - is the leadership within the organization:
- unclear communication of expectations
- maintenance of multiple unequal standards
- unclear or inefficient processes
- incentives for poor or substandard performance