Sunday, November 07, 2010

Was I Wasting Time? Are You 10 or 11 Hours Ahead of Me Now?



Questions we ask ourselves because of Daylight Saving Time...

My workdays are composed of many voice and/or video Internet calls to complete interviews and debates for podcasts and for business development on behalf of my own company or other companies. For me, as of Monday, November 8, 2010, I will have to ask myself when making phone calls to companies in much of Asia, Africa and the Middle East, "Are they one more hour ahead or behind me in time than they were last Friday?"

And then I opened a copy of this book to find a very interesting set of statements that remind me of my Dad's response to "Have a nice day:" "I am offended by your command."

Robertson Davies wrote in 1947 in The Diary of Samuel Marchbanks, "I don't really care how time is reckoned so long as there is some agreement about it, but I object to being told that I am saving daylight when my reason tells me that I am doing nothing of the kind. I even object to the implication that I am wasting something valuable if I stay in bed after the sun has risen."


.. other blogs from our Super Technologies' team at http://blogs.didx.net and http://blog.tmcnet.com/monetizing-ip-communications/, our online magazine at http://www.techistan.com, our iTunes channel, and DIDX podcasts. Find out how to bring new customers to your telephone company with local phone numbers from 70 countries. We are excited to be a part of helping 1000s around the world start a business, have success and connect with others via our Super Technologies' services such as DIDX, Techistan, Virtual Phoneline, CFMS or HVOIP white label business and more.

No comments: