Monday, July 07, 2008

Devil Wears Prada... and I thought I didn't like Chick Flicks

I'm working very late tonight trying to catch-up since I've been out of my office at least 2 weeks of every month starting with ITEXPO West 2008 in January in Los Angeles... the most recent being my visits and breakfast, lunch or dinner meetings or some kind of meetings with about 21 California-based companies a week ago.

Last night I watched

The Devil Wears Prada, but I have to admit I wasn't excited about it because that I'm just not into chick flicks. I apologize to those I offend. I'm happy to be a woman. It's just that movies such as Pretty in Pink, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Steel Magnolias just bore me.

As "Prada" progressed, I found myself drawn into the characters of Miranda Priestley and Andy Sachs. It was so completely fascinating. I saw myself not in Miranda but in Andy. It's the type who has been an overachiever since age 4 months probably, not a genius, just an over-achiever, someone who listens to what has to be done from people like Miranda...

no matter how many things have to be done that the Mirandas demand...

and keeps on trying to pull it all together...

with a smile and a lot of laughter and fun...

what drives the Andys?

What makes the Andys admire and follow the insanely massive number of requests that the Mirandas make of them...

even if sometimes at some point, the Andys say, "Sayonara" to the Mirandas and move on to their own thing?

Does anyone understand? ;-) I think many businesses that capitalize on any one thing + IP (voip or not) = web 2.0 or something other than web 2.0 may tend to get into the above situation and be trying to make sense of it. It's pretty darn demanding.

Hang in there, readers, in whatever your endeavors and dreams are.

No comments: