Thursday, September 10, 2009

Encourage Others to Do Unto You

Have you ever heard people answer you with the excuse, "Look you wimp, this is just business"? They are right. There are many ways of doing business, but two main ones. You and I choose to do unto others before they do unto us or do unto others as we'd have them do unto us. As sappy as it sounds, I prefer and usually do the second no matter how cut-throat the other person is. In fact, this is one of the points I emphasized in my "Global Collaboration with Social Media for Business" presentation at ITEXPO West last week.

In fact if you do enough unto others as you would have them do unto you, eventually they will do unto you what they would have you do unto them. I've been experimenting with this concept all my life since my atheist turned Christian minister Dad instilled it into me.

We are in the IP communications industry that is in the mix of the rest of the world, right? We do benefit if we do not give up on encouraging others to do unto us as they would have us do unto them. There are some great tools that let you do that: face to face, yes... but also Facebook wall and friend suggestion, Linkedin answers and recommendations, TelecomYou's newness, your blog, Twitter RT, #, and @ and... Ask Diana at IPiFony. She agrees with me.

You can watch most of my presentation on Viddler.com under the ID suzannebowen. May the force be with you, but do something nice today like collaborate with your competitor?


... browse some of our team's other blogs at http://blogs.didx.net and http://blog.tmcnet.com/monetizing-ip-communications/. You're welcome to comment, contribute, and collaborate any time.

No comments: