Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Meme Virus and VoIP by Association

A virus (from the Latin virus meaning toxin or poison) is a sub-microscopic infectious agent that is unable to grow or reproduce outside a host cell. Tinu Abayomi-Paul graciously explained to me how to get rid of the Meme Internet virus. It's all about me! Really?

I like to multi-task so while struggling with how to answer these questions and still stick to the theme VoIP by Association, I started downloading Sipphone's Gizmo Project to my Blackberry 8703e. The full version wouldn't open. I deleted it. Then, I downloaded the stripped down version. The program opens but it won't let me fill in my Gizmo ID, password and mobile number. Can anyone help me?

Ok, no more procastination. First question.

1. How long have you been blogging?

I started a personal blog in late 2005 and a "work" blog http://suzanne.supertec.com in August 2006.

2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?

An essay kept revolving in my head as a nightmare? or dream? every night regarding DIDXchange about the similarities between my business partner & inventor Rehan Ahmed and Don Quixote de la Mancha laced with echoes of Mahatama Gandhi's something like, "First the ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." I needed to publish it to the world.

Mentors? Truth? I just blog when and the way I want to. Sometimes I'm uncoachable.

3. Are You trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?

Hmm... I crave the act of writing, a lifetime experiment of love. Money, I was making money before I started blogging. There's a mint in my kitchen.

4. Tell me 3 things you LOVE about being online.
First, I found my business partner online.
Second, I found my husband online.
Third, I'm anxious to see what else I can find online.

5. Tell me 3 things you STRUGGLE with in the online world.
First, I need to stop feeling insecure about being a woman in the voice over Internet industry. That's the truth that is hard to admit.
Second, there is so little time and so many people and ideas I want to know and learn and participate with, but I have to sleep.
Third, making a statement I know I believe in online and then realizing I probably offended someone. These statements haunt me, but I don't remove them. I don't want the history that the future reads to be more false that it already may be.

The five people (I'm an English and Media Education major not math) I am infecting with the Meme Virus are as follows:

Garrett Smith
Arfeen Muhammad
Takuya Misawa
Rich Tehrani
Rehan Ahmed
Jill Jenkins
Florian Serrousi
Muneeb Iqbal
Ken Camp
Mike Clark
Michael Bowen

Would you 11 answer these questions on your blog? Just these five questions? Thanks to Heather, Tinu's friend (my friend), who started all this madness in her birthday celebration (Happy Blirthday/Blogiversary!)

And btw, have an urge to get some voice over Internet, how my cell phone works, etc. education? Check out the activities around the world you can attend at http://www.didx.net/events! The GSM > 3G Africa conference has free expo tickets even.

1 comment:

Tinu said...

Hey Suzanne!

Lovely to see that I've infected you. Achoo! Absolutely loved the post, very honest. We have very simiiar struggles and I met my business partner online too. :)

Hugs,

Tinu