Friday, October 19, 2007

Muslims Jews Christians Atheists Buddhists Collaborating?

Copied directly from Linkedin.com... refreshment for souls tired of people using religion as a front for committing crimes against each other...

"Please Tell Us An Interfaith Success Story!
It started as a joke yesterday - but like most jokes it has a ring of truth.

I received a volunteer award from the YMCA - so I was telling my kids.

The Young Mens CHRISTIAN Association gave an award to an Orthodox Jew for teaching a course to a class of mostly Moslem students.

While teaching at the Y - I read a community paper for the Moslem community, articles included families, making a living, dealing with secular influences, extremists, the wider communities opinions . Anybody who has read a community paper recognizes these articles. Change in a word or two and the articles could have appeared in the Jewish Community paper.

Today's newspaper had an article about a fellow at U of T wanting a Halel food for Moslem students. While U of T created a restaurant that served Halel certified food - it also served Alcohol in the same location. The fellow made the point that kosher restaurants serve kosher and Alcohol; it would serve both groups.

LinkedIn has people from many different countries. Many of these countries are at war or significantly distrust each other. I bet that there are people within these countries that are connected - and others trying to find ways to connect.

There are many more stories of people of deep religious convictions finding common ground.

Please share your stories here.

---- Background ----
I take these LinkedIn answers to create a regular series "Success Stories" on www.ZaleTabakman.ca to assist people in their journey through life.

If you want to be quoted please answer publicly, if you want to answer and your name not used, answer privately.

To find previous postings select Success Stories from the categories on the right.

I have run out of invitations - so if you would like to connect to me - you need to invite me, even if you have the Best Answers. (Hint - I always say yes)

Zale
Zale @ ZaleTabakman.ca
www.ZaleTabakman.ca"

P.S.
And what does this have to do with VoIP? I've shared Zale's Linkedin Q with several of my friends and colleagues around the world via many forms of voIP... Google Talk on my cell phone, Skype, Gizmo Project, Vonage, Jaxtr, etc. so that'll work. What scent would this post be over the Internet? Defnitely... peppermint candy!
Join the Linkedin Group Interfaith Networking. Make a positive difference.

1 comment:

Zale Tabakman said...

Thank you.

The response was so positive I created a LinkedIn Group dedicated to Interfaith Networking!!!

Join the group here:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/38130/2FCBA910D813