Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Gave my 1994 Toyota to Niece Today and Bought a Mercedes


Everything accuses me of being a penny pincher for many reasons, but one example is I bought a 1994 Toyota Camry with cash in 1994 because I did not want to pay any interest and got a very good deal (more than $5000 off the list price brand new.) I drove this car everywhere, over 300,000 miles. It was still running beautifully. Just did not look good! My niece who won 8 different college scholarships to University of West Florida won my 1994 Toyota Camry this week.

And... I did the unthinkable. I bought a 2006 4matic C280 Mercedes. You can't please everyone. When I drove the '94 Camry this year, some friends would say that's disgusting. Sell it. Get rid of it. People must think you have no money. But, now that I bought the Mercedes, you can imagine the comments from, that was stupid ... to ... let's go drive it in the sand (4matic) ... you will look funny driving a Mercedes ... to you will be the designated driver from now on.

But I got a great deal again, about $4000 under the suggested retail value, and it had only 26,000 miles on it! I'm going to look on the bright side. It has a sunroof, and I hope to drive it for the next 15 years like I did the Camry. ;-)

... browse some of our team's other blogs at http://blogs.didx.net and http://blog.tmcnet.com/monetizing-ip-communications/. You're welcome to comment, contribute, and collaborate any time.

No comments: