Tuesday, August 28, 2007

X Rated Battery Charging

Prelude to X Rated Battery Charging...
Why do I blog sporadically? Because I don't want to be like Charlie Brown's teacher. I want to say something that people just might want to read.
The print cartridge and electronics battery industry are determined to take your fun money and waste your time. The time I take to place an order for ink, new cartridges, refurbished cartridges, and/or batteries online and then replacing dead ones, I could be showing someone how to use Gizmo Project, Jaxtr, RebTel, FWD, or Virtual Phone Line... or collaborating on a press release with a DIDX member or studying for my VoIP classes on NASCE... or tossing virtual frisbee with Muneeb, JoJo, Lisa, Rehan, Michael, Ahsan, Arfeen, Sarmad, Talha, Imran, and the team at work... I mean I could be doing something worthwhile.

In 1998, I sat with my friend Tamako Wada in Tokyo, Japan, a 64 year old female teacher who can hit a mean baseball. I mentioned something kind of silly, "I wonder if there is a way that we can charge things up with our body heat?"

X Rated Battery Charging...

And this morning, wow, very cool. "Gadgets That Run on Body Heat... All of you warm-blooded folks may have the advantage with this new technology. You may soon be able to power your cell phone, PCs, and other electronics by tapping into your own body heat, and you don't need to be pedaling a stationary bike, walking the treadmill, or otherwise working up a sweat to do it. You can just sit there, couch potato style, and generate enough body heat to keep your gear going...

the research originates from the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits, where they are developing special circuits that use body heat. These could lead to battery-less cell phones and medical monitors that draw energy from their users.

The new circuits utilize the principle of thermoelectric generators (TEG) made from semiconductor elements..." See the complete article at http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/raskin/13789.

(Alec Saunders, I saw your Facebook status. Don't just look at the treadmill. Do something more useful. Use that body heat to charge up your electronics.) Bring it on, bring on this technology. I want it!

No comments: