Thursday, August 23, 2007

Facebook a Place Where You Listen Passively and Intelligently

I found Rodney Rumford via my friend Tinu Abayomi-Paul. Rodney Rumford says re: Facebook, "It allows me to listen... all the information I can consume through the mini-feed... I am able to passively and intelligently listen to people's behaviors and what's interesting to them and what they share and what they do... I have the ability to respond to those issues that are immediately relevant to that person."

Right on, brother! Sounds like a time-saver in a world where time is one of the most valuable commodities.

See and listen on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=5556105174
You will need to login or sign up to view Rodney's video. His home is http://www.facereviews.com.

My response to Rodney's video:
Understanding the value of using Facebook type communications in my opinion does not have much to do with how old we are. It has more to do with how well we deal with change, our learning style, and how much we are willing to experiment. Ex: I know 3 who are over 70 who are playing with FB as if it were a sandbox full of toys. I know a few under 20, who feel a distrust towards it and so won't even check it out.

There is a wonderful alternative newspaper in the Pensacola area who raved for the longest time about how the under 40 were the ones who are tech-savvy, who are really interested in improving their world. You might as well sweep the rest under the bed. Wait, what about the INDYs like me??? I am not dead yet. Thanks for your talks, Rodney. ;-)

No comments: